Rett Syndrome is a neurological disorder that affects little girls before their second birthday. We became aware of the devastating disorder when a family friend of our musical director told us that her daughter had Rett Syndrome. When you hear or read about the effects of Rett Syndrome you begin to understand how the dreams of the parents are scattered by the disorder. Interestingly Rett Syndrome is considered a rare illness and so does not attract any central government funding, but we now know of six cases in the Wokingham area and this also strengthens our resolve to do as much as we can to help. At singhealthychoirs we spoke to our members and they had no hesitation in adopting this charity for our concert of The Armed Man at Reading Hexagon in November 2014. We have since decided that our next major concert in October 2016 will also be for Rett Research.
Please find out more about Reverse Rett by visiting the following links:
- Charity website: www.reverserett.org.uk
- Charity Facebook page: www.facebook.com/reverserett
- Fabulous 40 Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thefabulous40fightingtoreverserett
- JustGiving: www.justgiving.com/teams/Fabulous40
- Twitter: @reverseRett
- YouTube Channel: UK Reverse Rett